Spending time at the medical spa should be part of every person’s self-care program.
Here is why…
Taking care of your skin is just as important as staying physically active, eating the right diet, and keeping your mind sharp.
Just think about it…
Your skin is the first line of defense against environmental toxins and germs of all sorts.
Your skin is protects and reflects who your are – and you should do everything you can to keep it strong, healthy, and vibrant.
And, not doing the wrong things is just as important as doing the right things. From fighting acne the right way as a teen to avoiding excessive sun at every age, there’s a lot of things you can do to make sure you’re at the top of the good-skin game.
To that effect, we’ve put together a checklist of what to do and what not to do for skincare.
What To-Do for Better Skin
1. Slather on the SPF
If there’s one major thing you should be doing to ward off wrinkles and age signs, it is applying sunscreen everyday. Yes – every day, rain or shine. Ultraviolet rays, which are the main cause of sun damage and skin cancer, are always present, even if it’s cloudy.
Many celebrities swear their secret to beautiful, healthy, youthful-looking skin is sunscreen. However, depending on which celebrity you’re looking at, they’ve likely also visited a medical spa once or twice to turn back the clock!
2. Hydration is Key
When it comes to hydration, lotion is only a fraction of the equation. Truth be told: hydration starts on the inside. Not only does staying hydrated keep your body’s inside happy and healthy, it also keeps your skin healthy.
When your body is dehydrated, your skin is the first place to show it. It’ll start to look dull and,dry. Make hydration and H2O your best friend!
3. Eat Your Skincare
Moisturizing, exfoliating, and washing your face everyday is a great way to begin a good skincare regimen, but did you know beautiful skin starts on the inside? What you eat throughout the day has just as big of an effect on your skin as what you put on it. Maybe even more so.
Eating foods with an abundance of antioxidants, like colorful berries and vegetables, helps your body fight diseases and signs of aging by reducing inflammation. So, the next time you’re preparing dinner or lunch, throw in some blueberries or have a side salad with spinach.
4. Visit a Medical Spa
If you’ve tried everything to reduce your wrinkles, fine lines, and signs of aging with little effect, It’s time to visit a medical spa.
Facial rejuvenation is not for celebrities only. You may be surprised at how affordable it can be compared to many over the counter options.
With the help of Sorgente Medical Spa in Hyannis, you can turn back the clock with one of our many anti-aging treatments to help you look refreshed and feel more confident.
What NOT To-Do for Better Skin
1. Pick at Blemishes
Have the itch to pick? If so, I want you to put your hands down, back away from the mirror, and find something to take your mind off of picking and squeezing at those zits! Rest assured, after some time, the little mountain growing on your face or back will go away.
Furthermore, picking at blemishes may cause the area to get infected – , as our fingers are filled with bacteria – and increases the likelihood of leaving a scar.
And we can all agree that scars take forever go away!
2. Exfoliate “Too” Much
Yes, exfoliating is a great way to clear away dead skin cells and keep your skin looking refreshed. But over-exfoliating can cause unnecessary irritation and dryness.
So, instead of passionately scrubbing at your face in the morning and evenings, opt for a gentler approach and do it only once in the day. This will still keep your skin looking fresh and won’t dry it out.
3. Sleeping in Makeup
Do you regularly go to bed with your makeup on your face? And do you experience frequent breakouts? The two are likely related.
Not only does wearing makeup throughout the night clog your pores, causing breakouts, it also causes irritation and dryness. Your skin yearns to breath at night, not trapped under a layer of foundation. Thus, do your skin a favor and skip the makeup while you snooze!
4. Excessive Sun
A few minutes every day in the sun is a great source of vitamin D. However, sun bathing or excessive exposure to the sun is one of the most common causes of damaged skin and wrinkles.
Take Advantage of Medical Grade Skin Care
Ready to look refreshed, more youthful, and years younger? While a great skincare routine is a proactive way to ward off wrinkles, fine lines, and signs of aging, sometimes it doesn’t always do the trick.
That’s where a medical spa comes into play.
A medical spa offers treatments for the face, neck, and body. Treatments performed by professionals make use the latest technologies to help you turn back the clock so you can look and feel younger.
Here are some of the modalities offered that will take years off or rejuvenate the skin:
- Wrinkle Relaxers – Reduce wrinkles with muscle relaxers like Botox and Dysport. These injectables help refresh your complexion by reducing common wrinkles on the face including the forehead, between the eye brows and on the side of your eyes
- Dermal Fillers – Do you feel like you are starting to lose your youthful appearance? Dermal fillers can help restore lost volume and soften fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Whether you are looking to plump your lips and cheekbones, or get rid of laugh lines, there is a dermal filler just for that
- Non-surgical Skin Rejuvenation – Looking for a solution that does not involve needles? Whether you suffer from wrinkles, sagging of the skin, and fine lines around your eyes and mouth due to loss of volume, radiofrequency treatment ThermiSmooth can help. ThermiSmooth is the perfect solution smooth the skin even in sensitive areas!
- Minimally-invasive Skin Rejuvenation – Sagging skin looks good on no one! If you’re tired and fed up with your sagging skin, ThermiTight can help you restore tighter, smoother skin under your chin, knees and even the abdomen!
- Plastic Surgery – When a pick-me-up is not enough, the right facelift plastic surgeon with experience in providing natural-looking results may the right choice for you.
If you’re ready to look and feel younger with beautiful, refreshed skin, and live in Cape Cod, give us a call today to schedule a consultation!